Footsteps is the adventure game of walking in the shoes of a denizen of an emerging market, rapidly developing economy country to learn about their life; joys and struggles, hardships and opportunities, happiness and pain. Footsteps is suitable for players 12 years and older.
Four complete Games of your choice. You can mix and match in any way you prefer; all four the same, all four different, or any combination.
– Four 22″x22″ Game Boards
– 32 playing tokens
– Realistic game currency for games selected
– Opportunity cards
– My Life as…cards
– Vocation cards
– Scoring sheets for each vocation
– Mini-Translation guides
– Making the Most of the Footsteps Experience, a 50 page Training-at-a-Glance / Facilitator’s Guide for using the Footsteps games to their fullest advantage and incorporating it into an 8- or 16-hour workshop. Included are; a minute-by-minute plan for facilitating the workshops, a class setup checklist, templates for posters, and more.
– Getting Under the Skin of Emerging Market Countries, a Facilitator’s Guide / Participnt’s Workbook for an 8-hour and a 16-hour workshop based on the game, including; facilitator notes, participant exercises, participant note sheets, income distribution resources, country fact sheets, lifestyle case studies, business case studies, country resources, and more.
– A 200+ page Resource Guide to supplement the other materials and provide additional resources for using the Footsteps games and facilitating discussions. Included are; the original references to resources used to develop the games, discussion questions for various settings, country fact sheets beyond the BRIC countries, technology case studies, purchsing power parity (PPP) informaiton, and more.
– Over 20 creative post-game research and discussion resources to continue the learning initiated during the game
– Carrying case
– A copy of the book The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid by C.K. Prahalad
– A copy of the book Giving by Bill Clinton
– A copy of the book The Hole in Our Gospel by Rich Stearns
You get all this for an investment of $497.49 + Shipping & Handling
Item # 91190 00105
During the game each player selects a role to play. The roles differ in each game based on common jobs performed in each country. For example, roles in Russia include:
- – Farm Laborer trying to survive another devastating winter when nighttime apparel includes coats, hats, mitts, and felted wool boots.
– Street Vendor hawking everything from watches, to antiques, to paintings of the old city on Torgovaya Street scraping to get by.
– Engineer spending up to 70% of their monthly budget on food, which means that such things as coats or shoes means not eating some meals.
– Manager working long hours and then collapsing in front of the TV in the evenings to watch novosti, but able to spend vacation time abroad in the U.S. or Europe.
– Business Owner enjoying frequent rounds of golf, attending the Spirit of Russia Charity Ball in London, and sending children to boarding school in Switzerland.
Many of us living in developed countries have no concrete idea of how the other half lives. Even those living in depressed areas of our own country have it so much better than many living in emerging market countries.
Footsteps gives players a new perspective on life as millions of people around the world live it. Playing Footsteps in Russia, one player commented, “It was great to be the millionaire Russian businessman accumulating more and more wealth while learning of the many opportunities for those with rubles to spend.”
The goals of Footsteps include raising the awareness of players to the complexities of life that residents of each country face, and planting seeds of curiosity that may stimulate players to learn more about emerging market countries and explore how they might be personally involved in improving the life of the people who live there.
You get all this for an investment of $397.49 + Shipping & Handling
Item # 91190 00105